Job Title: DevOps Engineer
Department: IT Operations
Reporting to: DevOps Manager
IT Operations handle infrastructure, application, website support and deployment. Using state of the art high-availability technologies, our aim is to maintain a secure and uninterrupted service with an impeccable uptime record. As a web-facing business, that is our priority and the DevOps team is integral to this.
The DevOps team provides the knowledge and expertise within the IT department maintaining the tools used by the Development teams to support the Software Development Lifecycle and bridging the gap between development and operations.
Purpose of Job:
The DevOps team is responsible for supporting, maintaining and optimising the infrastructure of a technology centric web based company. Maintenance and development of the other internal services and bespoke applications is also required.
The successful candidate will help the development team to build and release their products in an efficient and constantly improving process. This engineer will bridge the gap between development and infrastructure and be a role model on which we will build our future DevOps teams.
• Strong PowerShell skills
• Knowledge of automation tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, PowerShell DSC, Octopus Deploy, Artifactory
• Able to communicate all needs, instructions and decisions clearly
• Administration of Windows server 2008 R2, 2012 and Server 2016(core)
• Experience in using coding/scripting to automate/reduce time taken to complete manual tasks.
• Proven experience in the Information Technology industry using Microsoft or Linux Technologies.
• A background within Development or QA.
For further details on this role, download the Job Description
Click 'APPLY' to submit a CV. Alternatively, you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*** Due to the volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. ***